Energsoft is looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Candidates should be strongly competent in applied statistical and data analysis, confident in solving various data engineering and machine learning problems and qualified in predictive and prescriptive analytics. They should have both in-depth technical knowledge as well as practical experience in solving data-driven problems. Candidates should also demonstrate strong soft and business communication skills, be able to understand client's needs and goals, clearly communicate ideas and concerns, collect feedback and requirements from the client and present the results or vision to both technical and business stakeholders.
You are a creative thinker who can drive great customer experience through data-driven insights and personification. Working at the junction of data science, electrochemistry, and battery performance analytics, you will derive intelligent recommendations based on patterns in both individual and group dynamics.
- Develop insights around task usage - categories, timing, priority – to form a basis for further research and for modeling
- Use the results to build predictive models around task creation and completion, in order to personalize task ordering and presentation and to provide recommendations to the user
- Develop insights around customer behavior in the app: habits, paths, segments
- User the results to drive feature evolution and to suggest new features
- In future, develop insights and build models that drive collaboration between users and groups across the Energsoft ecosystem
To be successful in this role, you’re an extraordinary driven leader who will dive in and do whatever it takes to succeed. Some of your most differentiated characteristics are:
- Strategic Vision: You can see the big, risky opportunity, but can focus on what’s most important to success, making the necessary trade offs that propel forward momentum and achievement of goals .
- Drive: You put yourself on the line with your team as you drive forward with relentless energy, creative problem solving, and resilience in the face of obstacles.
- Customer Focused: You focus maniacally on a target customer, constantly iterating and responding to feedback and thinking ahead to serve customers in ways they haven’t thought to ask.
- Integrity: You consistently act with a strong set of human values that earns trust from those around you, maintaining the highest standards for treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Learning: You are intensely curious, seeking and incorporating new information to better inform your strategic vision and decisions, recognizing mistakes, always remaining open to the best new ideas, and adjusting quickly.
- Leadership: You know how to select and lead people to create a world-class team and inspire and lead them to success.
Outstanding candidates will have:
- Mastery of building complex products and systems at enterprise scale.
- Expert-level technical capability across modern domains of machine learning, cloud, server, and data.
- Familiarity with computer vision and other advanced machine learning applications.
- Significant experience in or creating products for large enterprises, including familiarity with enterprise processes and enterprise-grade systems.
- Outstanding selector and leader of talent, able to build an extraordinary team.
- Able to roll-up your sleeves when appropriate to select technologies or create new designs and prototypes or write production code.
- Leadership experience within a startup (preferred) or in a fast-moving, innovative environment within a larger company.
- Deep product development experience, working cross-functionally to define, build, tune, and bring to market enterprise applications and services.
- Strong credentials, technical vision, and presentation skills that will earn the excitement of investors and prospective team members to want to follow you to build an incredible company
- Excitement to build/support a diverse and talented team.
One more important note from our end: we recognize the disappointing lack of diversity in our industry, and we're not standing by. We actively seek to address it with a pro-diversity hiring process and culture, and a genuine appreciation for the value of bringing unique backgrounds and perspectives together.
- You are a self-starter who can work independently and also loves collaborating with a team
- You thrive in a diverse, interdisciplinary environment
- You have a scientific mindset
- You enjoy informing, influencing, supporting and shaping product decisions with data
- You have demonstrated leadership in data science, both from a product and technical view
- You have end-to-end experience, from crafting the model idea to building the model to implementation
- You are someone who proactively takes action, drives toward clarity, and thinks holistically
- You have solid analytical problem solving skills, a strong attention to detail, and care about data accuracy
- You have development experience in either Python or R
- You are proficient in SQL and have a practical knowledge of database management
- You have experience and are highly competent with machine learning techniques
- You have a strong knowledge of Statistics
- You have experience in one of: customer analytics, recommendation systems, social physics, network science, computational social science
- At least 5+ years non-academic experience in data science
EnergSoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Energsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance. software engineering recommender systems
If you or someone you know is passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning. Does pioneering new and innovative ways to collect and showcase key customer data sound exciting to you?
- Do code reviews
- Collaborate with other teams to get better result implementing new features and resolving performance issues
- Knowledge or at least a background in Deep Neural Networks
- Experience in building large-scale recommender engines (collaborative filtering, KNN, associative rule learning, custom similarity metrics etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing services (GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud)
Our software helps battery engineers automate repetitive tasks so they can elevate their work and provides powerful analytics capabilities. We are looking for people who ask ‘Why’ questions more often then ‘How’. If this and the above statements are about you – send us your CV with mail subject ‘Top performer is looking for a dream team’.